Job Position: Marketing Coordinator
Application Deadline: Friday September 20, 2019 at 4 p.m.
Wage: $17 per hour
3 Month Contract: Part- Time, 20 hours per week/ Tuesday to Friday, some early mornings, evenings and weekends may be required.
The Streetsville Business Improvement Association (BIA) maintains and promotes the vibrant business community within the Historic Village of Streetsville. Something exciting is always happening in our Village and we are looking for an energetic team player who can help execute events and programming, as well as tell the story of Streetsville.
This is a great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about marketing and looking to begin their career.
As our Marketing Coordinator you will take the lead in developing daily social media content to showcase Streetsville’s vibrant business community and the BIA’s initiatives.
The Marketing Coordinator will work directly under Streetsville BIA’s General Manager.
Other responsibilities include:
- Updating and managing the website content through WordPress.
- Prepare a written report on SEO and Google Analytics results, on a monthly basis to the Marketing and Promotions Committee.
- Report to Streetsville BIA Board
- Develop and maintain relationships with our BIA Members. Updating, preparing and hand delivering various flyers and packages.
- Utilizing Constant Contact for the creation of both member and public-facing newsletters on a monthly basis.
- Maintaining relationships with the media and PR community for ongoing media efforts.
- Research, write, photograph and design BIA Blogs.
- Engaging member participation in SBIA events as exhibitors and/or vendors. Solicitation and collecting of donated prizes and vouchers from Streetsville businesses for contests.
- Assist at all Streetsville BIA events and programming.
- Work with key stakeholders such as; the City of Mississauga, the Ontario Business Improvement Area Association (OBIAA), and local service clubs to strengthen relationships and successfully complete joint projects.
- Experience in a role related to social media.
- Degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a related field required.
- Excellent writer.
- Friendly and confident in assisting our membership.
- Photography and video editing skills are an asset.
- Complementary interests and experience with stakeholder relationships in business, politics, tourism, event management.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Amber Pajtasz, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday September 20, 2019 at 4 p.m.