Job Position: Jr. Marketing and Events Coordinator
Application Deadline: Friday, April 29, 2022, at 4 p.m.
Wage: $18 per hour
3 Month Contract: Full-Time, 35 hours per week/ Monday to Friday, some weekends may be required. Start date Monday, May 9th.
The Streetsville Business Improvement Association (BIA) maintains and promotes the vibrant business community within the Historic Village of Streetsville. Something exciting is always happening in our Village and we are looking for an energetic team player who can help execute events and programming as well tell the story of Streetsville. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about marketing and events who is looking to gain career-related experience.
- In conjunction with Streetsville BIA Marketing Committee Chair and General Manager, develop a Marketing Strategy to govern the BIA’s social media presence, advertising, and marketing decisions from May-August
- Manage the BIA’s social media channels creating and monitoring compelling content on a semi-daily basis
- Ensure the BIA maintains an active online presence (building social media channels, blogs, online discussions, contests, etc.)
- Research and suggest marketing initiatives to the Marketing Director/Office Manager Keep up-to-date on social media trends and best practices to further the BIA’s marketing directives
- Oversee the population of content on BIA website
- Oversee and update the new BIA website events calendar and business directory listings
- Create and distribute BIA’s monthly& bi-weekly e-publications (newsletters, etc.)
- Additional duties as assigned
Support the General Manager on community events, assisting with planning and onsite logistics for events of varying size & scope (some weekend work required). Including, but not limited to:
- Canada Day (Friday, July 1st)
- Summer Market (2 Saturdays required)
- Assist as required event-focused subcommittees of the BIA Board of Directors, attending meetings as needed
- Experience with marketing and or events
- Enrolled in or completed a degree in communications, marketing, hospitality management, journalism, or a related field is an asset
- Excellent writer
- Friendly and confident in assisting our business membership
- Complementary interests and experience with stakeholder relationships in business, politics, tourism, and event management
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Amber Pajtasz, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, April 29th at 4 p.m.
Due to the volume of applications received only those considered for an interview will be contacted, thank you.