Job Position: Jr. Marketing and Events Coordinator
Wage: $17 per hour
3 Month (12 weeks) Contract: Full-Time, 35 hours per week/ Monday to Friday, some weekends may be required. Start date Monday, June 5th.
The Streetsville Business Improvement Association (BIA) maintains and promotes the vibrant business community within the Historic Village of Streetsville. Something exciting is always happening in our Village and we are looking for an energetic team player who can help execute events and programming as well as tell the story of Streetsville. This is a great opportunity for someone who’s passionate about marketing and events and is looking to gain career-related experience. This position is funded by the Canada Summer Jobs Program. This is not a remote or hybrid position, in office work is mandatory.
- In conjunction with the General Manager, develop a Marketing Strategy to promote the SBIA’s summer events and initiatives from June-August
- Create a weekly ENewsletter for the SBIA summer programming
- Ensure the BIA maintains an active online presence (building social media channels, blog posts, online discussions, contests, etc.)
- Oversee and update the SBIA website events calendar and business directory listings
- Update the Constant Contact database
- Additional duties as assigned
Support the General Manager on community events, assisting with planning, organizing and creating the craft tables, and onsite logistics for events of varying size & scope (some weekend work required). Including, but not limited to:
- Canada Day (Saturday, July 1st)
- Summer Market (2 Saturdays required)
- Assist as required event-focused subcommittees of the BIA Board of Directors, attending meetings as needed
- Experience with marketing and or events
- Enrolled or completed a degree in communications, marketing, hospitality management, business management, event management, journalism, or a related field is an asset
- Friendly and confident in assisting our business membership
- Has a passion for creating unique and engaging content
- A genuine desire to achieve, excel and evolve
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills is a must
- Outgoing, enthusiastic, and comfortable working in large crowds
- Complementary interests and experience with stakeholder relationships in business, politics, tourism, and event management.
How to Apply
Send your cover letter and resume to Amber Pajtasz, General Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
If selected for an interview you will be required to provide 3 references.